Tuesday 26 August 2008

Fan of Fairies

I'm a great fan of fairies (pretty not scary). This little 5 ins cutie was made with a pipe cleaner framework covered with fine fabric and then dressed in soft pinks and greens. She has acetate wings decorated with glitter. I wanted her to have long curly blonde hair so knitted a small amount of mohair yarn on fine needles. I immersed it in hand-hot water then squeezed out the water and left it to dry. Finally I pulled back the knitting which resulted in gorgeous curly locks for the fairy. (When pulling back don't wind yarn into a ball or you lose most of the curl).

Rosawithbaby_1

Fairy greetings

Her name is Fairy Rosebud and happily she's very photogenic. So far she has willingly posed for two greetings card pictures. The first with a crib from my dolls house (baby arrival congratulations card).

Rosatea2_1

Posing with a pretty teacup this second card was made as an invitation to a friend for a cup of tea and a chat. She's had a few troubles over the past year and I thought a little bit of fairy magic and a cuppa might just cheer her up.