Friday 10 September 2010

The last days of summer

Although we've had a warm sunny week here in England's Lakeland, summer is now fading fast and tea in the garden amongst clouds of fragrant flowers is but a distant memory.


My hydrangeas have been in bloom for months and although they have no scent their colourful mop heads cheer me enormously at this time of year.


 
This beauty emerges palest pink, grows darker as the weeks go by and eventually turns a bronzed red with leaves to match.


And how about this one? It always looks as if its covered in hundreds of tiny pink edged butterflies.


But as the weather turns chillier I see butterflies winging their way homeward.


And as for me? After a week spent enjoying the garden I'll be picking up my knitting this weekend and hopefully making progress with the project I started several weeks ago.

Wishing you all a happy weekend.