Friday 29 October 2010

Bunnyland

Finished at last! I've made a real marathon effort this week to complete the rabbits, write the patterns and list them in my Etsy shop. They are 15cm (6in) tall and, as you can see, extremely plump little characters. When I'm designing I like to have a theme to work with and for this one I chose winter which includes Christmas of course.



I've always loved dressed rabbits and stories about little rabbit families. This was one of my early books and the cold blustery weather portrayed on the front cover is just what we are experiencing today.



Here are three more of my vintage bunny books which you might have seen in one of my recent posts.



And who remembers watching Rag, Tag and Bobtail? Gentle tales of woodland folk, not a bit like the stories in TV programmes made for today's children.



This is one of my oldest books dating from Victorian times. These storybook rabbits look almost human don't you think?


I mustn't forget the rabbit tales everyone knows featuring Peter in his little blue coat and Benjamin in his enormous tam-o-shanter (I love that hat!).



Little Grey Rabbit is the last of my vintage bunny books and here is the cute little lady industriously writing her party invitations. Doesn't she look neat and well organised? I'm afraid my life isn't at all like that.



At the moment I could be portrayed by this little Santa with a perplexed expression realising that Christmas is only a few short weeks away and the sack needs filling. Perhaps I should take lessons from the well organised Little Grey Rabbit and start writing my Christmas cards now. Then again, perhaps not!!


I hope you have a bright, sunny weekend wherever you are.